🚨 Investment Opportunity🚨
Over 300 million people suffer from depression, PTSD, and substance abuse wordwide. This week’s startup thinks mushrooms can help. Let’s check them out!
⚾ The Elevator Pitch
Mushrooms have been used by humans as early as 4000 B.C.E (as depicted via murals in Spanish caves from prehistoric inhabitants). From 1950 to 1970, experts like Albert Hofman and Sasha Shulgin researched mushrooms to develop psilocybin therapies. Psilocybin is a psychedelic chemical compound found in mushrooms that can be isolated, and used for targeted mental wellness treatment. Today, psilocybin is already being used to treat patients with cancer, smoking recovery, PTSD, depression, and more. The one caveat is, since medical mushrooms are still a relatively new paradigm, many governing bodies are reluctant to adopt this.
To address this, Ei.Ventures, a Hawaii-based psychedelic startup has engaged with top research firms, like Tioga Labs, to develop a safe path for the sustained development and delivery of psilocybin therapies. Ei.Ventures has already created micro-dosing 1 mg tablets, a Botanical Psychedelic API, and liquid mushroom nutraceuticals. This suite of fungi-based therapies will be a game-changer for the healthcare industry.
👇 The Drop Down
Tech trend: Mental Wellness, Healthcare
Traction: Qualified by Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to list $50M public stock, over $500M was raised between 2020-21, 21 provisional patents filled, 3+ formulation introduced, Featured in New York Times, Forbes, The Economist, and Nature Magazine.
Team: Serial Entrepreneur, Emotional Intelligence Venture, and Systemic Coach
David Nikzad (CEO) | Jason Hobson (Co-founder) | Linda Strause (President)
🔍 Why we like it
- 🔬 They’ve done their homework (Research-backed)
- Since one of the most common reasons to be mushroom-averse is the lack of research, Ei.Ventures has made it a priority to make sure that all of its products and offerings are well backed by the medical society. By forming their partnership with Tioga labs, and ensuring that they have various acclaimed researchers on the team - Ei.Ventures has clearly shown that they want to approach this grand vision right, with transparency and research-backed.
- 🍄 Right Timing, Right Place
- 322 million people suffer from depression. 1 in 5 American adults have some form of mental illness. 30.6% of people affected by mass conflict have PTSD. These numbers are jaw-dropping. It wasn’t until recent years that scientific and judicial organizations have started prioritizing mental wellness and started decriminalizing psychedelics. The timing is perfect, and Ei.Ventures is at the right time at the right place to introduce a suite of psilocybin therapies and solutions that will alleviate the pain of millions.
- 💊 Integrated Software & Pharmaceutical Solution
- Ei.Ventures has approached this space using a pincer method: software and pharmacy. They’ve built a proprietary Botanical Psilocybin API which contains tons of data about psychedelic medicines. Additionally, Ei.Ventures has a provisional patent and is undergoing pre-clinical studies for a suite of medical products: transdermal psilocybin delivery system, psychedelic assisted therapy technology, and more. The first step in developing their flagship therapeutic is to grow their own proprietary spores and we believe that Ei.Ventures is approaching this the optimal way.
💰You’ve read about them. But will you invest?
EI.Ventures will be using funding to expand growth.
🤝 Get involved with Ei.Ventures
- Invest in the Ei.Ventures before the opportunity closes 3/22
- Check out Psilocybin Trials Timeline
- Check out their website and follow them on Facebook